Structures / Repair Design Engineer
Structures / Repair Design Engineer. Vilnius, Lithuania
About the position:
- Cooperating with the hangar/engineering staff on preparation of various aircraft damage sketches such as dents, cracks, holes, scratches etc.
- Finding the fastest and most efficient solution for the applicable repair on the damaged areas
- Selecting appropriate materials (metal, composite, plastic and other), preparing technical documentation (instruction bulletins, any required calculation reports, drawings, bill of materials, certification documents to meet the applicable requirements) based on selected repair method.
- Preparing/checking work instruction bulletins and drawings for a repair/modification in accordance with Part 21J regulations.
- Preparing/checking technical reports for any required calculations, analysis, test plans, inspections in accordance with Part 21J regulations.
- Preparing/checking certification documents (showing compliance against CS/JAR 25 requirements) in accordance with Part 21J regulations.
- Liaising with customers, production and maintenance organizations, internal departments
- Managing and developing a team of Junior Engineers
What you bring:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably in Aviation or Aerospace engineering)
- At least 3 years of Part 21J experience as a design/repair engineer (Design Approval Organization)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience of working with various secondary structure repairs (metal and composite parts) out of the limits of standard SRM, AMM procedure repair scopes (Part 21J field)
- Good knowledge and ability to demonstrate compliance against the most common structural requirements of CS/JAR/FAR 25 (25.305, 25.307, 25.365, 25.561, 25.603, 25.609. 25.787, 25.789, 25.1519, 25.1529).
- Ability to understand and prepare static/interface structural analysis of various joints (insert, screw, bolt rivet etc.) of composite panels and metal parts.
- Ability to prepare and develop various design solutions, including preparation of manufacturing drawings (metal plates, brackets, curtain rails etc.); good knowledge of standard manufacturing processes.
- Experience of working with CAD software (AutoCAD or SolidWorks)
- Knowledge of standard aircraft documentation (AMM, IPC, SRM, WBM, MMEL etc.) and original TC Holders drawings, part lists and standards (Boeing and Airbus)
- Ability to prepare technical design documentation in accordance with Part 21J requirements (SB’s, Compliance documents, supporting Technical reports, Publication supplements etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary starting from 3600 EUR (the specific amount will be gladly discussed during the interview, considering your experience and qualifications)
- Exciting multicultural and aviation environment
- LEAN culture and freedom for creativity
- Personal development training
- Additional health insurance
- In-house gym and sports activities
- Employee events
- Remote work possibility
- Discount system of partnering companies
For more information, please contact: Ana +370 6 401 9344
Salary: from 3600 € (brutto)Salary comment: The specific amount will be gladly discussed during the interview, considering your experience and qualifications